Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!


Today is Dr. Seuss' Birthday and National Reading day (or something like that), so we decided to make some swirly Dr. Seuss cookies to celebrate. I totally forgot (as usual) to take a picture of the finished product. I do have a few pictures of the kiddos totally making a mess and being awesome. 


Some of us were very serious about making our cookies and others... not so much.


My very favorite part of the activity was watching Bug realize that the cookie dough was yummy. After this amazing realization, he totally switched from playing with the dough to trying to grab and consume as much as possible. This meant that some very thoughtfully designed cookies were consumed by our little cookie monster. 


It didn't matter anyway though because I mistakenly thought the cookies would not spread "all that much" in the oven so they were placed very close together and the end result was a big pan of giant swirly cookie. The cookies was chopped into bits and passed around. 

Cookie Fail.

After this fun little time together I ran over to a friend's house and got a hair cut, I needed it so badly and was so thankful to finally feel a little better about my post-baby self. Baby steps.

Once we got back, we quickly fed our children and got Bug into his PJs, then we took off for Bigby Coffee where our dear friend Chelsea and her boyfriend Lee were performing. We really enjoyed listening to Chels sing and Lee and Chels play. I think Lee and Chelsea are two of my children's favorite people in all of the world and my children were SO excited to get to see them perform. 

After Bigby, we took off for the Yarn shop, it was a lock-in and I wanted to take little Zee and show him off to all of the Ladies. I really totally love that kid! We passed around my sweet boy and all was well. By the time I got home I was exhausted, what a busy but wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment