Saturday, January 14, 2012

Water Main Break = Awesome!

Today our day was pretty low key, we were just hanging around at home enjoying one of the few times it has snowed this year. Kev looked out the window and noticed that our street was FULL of water. We made a call to the city and reported the water main break and they said someone would be out as soon as they could get there. Several hours later a crew showed up. My children were THRILLED to watch the BIG trucks and the men digging a huge hole in my neighbor's yard. I was secretly just thankful it was not my yard (awful I know).

Hours of entertainment and only an hour without water for our little family. Not a bad day-for us. The poor men on the crew told us were were the 4th water main break they had repaired today and I believe they said they had one more to go to after our road. It was cold, dark and miserable and I felt awful for them all. I am glad it was fixed fairly promtly and our road should be an awesome sheet of ice by morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment