Saturday, January 7, 2012

Baby Shower for Gavin





We hosted a Baby Shower for our friends today. Our friends are having their first child (due two weeks after us) and Kev and I were excited to be able to host a shower for them.

I am not a big fan of the traditional baby shower games, many of which seem bent on embarrassing as possible for the mother-to-be. We decided to have a couples' shower so that we could include the father-to-be in all of the fun. Why should the guys miss out right?

I went to the wonderful internet and was able to find a game called Break My Water or something like that, but basically you feeze these plastic tiny babies in ice cubes and the first person's to break free wins. I also made scratch off tickets for Kev for Father's Day last year from Peanut and I thought it would be fun to have scratch-off tickets for each guest and all of them will have one baby name, but only one of the tickets had the Gavin's name on them, so the person with that ticket won. For prizes we had the parents' favorite cream soda/root beet and a handknit exfoliating soap cover-thing. They were pretty cute. I was pleased with how everything turned out, the shower seemed to be a success with lots of yummy food and good company.

Bug totally dug the cupcakes and even learned a new word "cupcake." I am so thankful that this boy makes me laugh all of the time. =)


Cute Prizes!


The games. Wahoo.

Now we just need to get through the next few weeks and we should be wecoming our new boy into our family. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment