Saturday, May 19, 2012

Michigan Peaches


My friend Robin and I often go to the Farmer's Market here in Kalamazoo. I love and enjoy market time, and I was thrilled to have the opportunity to go with her today. The highligh of my day though was this display of "Michigan Peaches."


I LOVE this! 

We have a few stands at the market that are run by brokers, they advertise Mighigan Peaches in May that are succulent and beautiful. I can assure you that those peaches are NOT from Michigan, not at this time of the year. I think it is extremely important for shoppers to be aware of these types of con-artists at different markets, if shoppers are not aware then well meaning people that are trying to shop locally end up supporting these brokers and NOT the local farmers. 

Looking forward to a summer of Farmer's Market shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment