Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fish Hatchery

We headed to the Fish Hatchery today with the Pearce Family. 

We had a lot of fun and although I did not take picture of the really cool stuff they had inside, I did learn a lot about fish hatcheries in Michigan. 

They used to transport the fish in train cars stored in milk cans on ice. 

Who knew?

We took a lot of the standard tourist pictures. Everyone was pretty creative and the children could have done this for hours. 

I am not kidding. 




The children did enjoy feeding the fish, it was crazy. There are a few Lake sturgeons in the water so most of the time was spent trying to find the HUGE fish. They can grow to be longer than 5 feet tall!

When our tokens ran out the children came up with creative ways to find pellets for the fish. In the two pictures below you can see D. and Peanut digging them out of the walk way. 

I have such deprived children. 



A took great care of Bug and chased him around the walk way constantly. Bug liked the fish, but his primary goal was escape I am sure. 


More tourist photos. 


My very favorite part of the day was that D. took Bug for a walk around the lake, I thought that it was super sweet and it really melted my heart. 


Happy children = a Happy Mommy. 


This is a really bad picture of a good size lake sturgeon. It is the grey line in the middle of the picture. 

I mean you can totally see it right?


Today was great. I need to rememeber how fun it is to go out and have field trips with the kiddos, they also really love spending time with friends and so do I. 

We are totally going to plan to make this trip again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment